Welcome! I’m Nicky, a red lipstick loving former New Yorker enjoying life in the south. Charlotte, North Carolina to be exact! My husband, my son and my dog are my world and I love doing life with them.
HOW THE BLOG STARTED
In 2013, I decided to start my natural hair journey. I grabbed a pair of scissors and happily cut off all of my relaxed hair. Shortly after, I created this blog as a platform to connect with and help other natural hair women with their hair journey. Because of awesome readers like you, the blog has grown exponentially and for that I want to say thank you!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
My goal is to always inpire you, motivate you or to teach you something new. I’ve worked really hard to acheive my goals and accomplish my dreams and I aim to inspire other women to do the same through my story telling. In addition to natural hair, NickyAnn.com has now expanded to include life, style and home decor content. Here, I’ll teach you how to take care of your natuarl hair, inspire you to take care of your home all while sharing some cute outfits too.
- Who takes my blog pictures? I work with more than one professional photographer. My son or husband also takes my pictures as needed.
- Favorite food? Shrimp pad thai- All day, any day!
- Cats or dogs? Nothing against cats, but I am a dog mommy!
- Who is my favorite entertainer? Beyonce. Duh!
- How long have I been natural? 8 years!
- Who do I love spending the most time with? My husband!
- Will I ever relax my hair again? Never, ever in life, even if I was offered loads of money to do it. No way.
Let’s be friends! Follow along @ itsNickyAnn on Instagram |Twitter| Pinterest. Also, subscribe to the blog so you never miss a post!