Hii! Nicky here. I’m a red lipstick loving former New Yorker enjoying life in the south. Charlotte, North Carolina to be exact! I love blogging, photography, colorful clothes, and home decor.
HOW THE BLOG STARTED
In 2013, I decided to start my natural hair journey. I grabbed a pair of scissors and chopped off all of my relaxed hair. Shortly after, I created this blog as a platform to help other natural hair women with their natural hair journey. Through blogging and connecting with awesome readers like you, the blog has grown exponentially and for that, I want to say thank you! NickyAnn.com has now expanded to include life, style, and home decor content.
WHY I ALMOST QUIT BLOGGING.
My mom lost her battle with cancer in 2017. Since then, I’ve fought hard to pick up the pieces. I wanted to quit everything, including this blog which I love. But what good would that do? Before she passed, she told me she wanted me to continue to do all of the things that bring me joy and I decided to do just that.
- Who takes my blog pictures? I work with more than one professional photographer. My son or husband also takes my pictures as needed.
- Favorite food? Shrimp pad thai- All day, any day!
- Cats or dogs? Nothing against cats, but I am a dog mommy!
- Who is my favorite entertainer? Beyonce. Duh!
- How long have I been natural? 7 years!
- Who do I love spending the most time with? My husband!
- Will I ever relax my hair again? Never, ever in life, even if I was offered loads of money to do it. No way.